Sit down, pull up a chair and get ready to exchange genealogy research, family stories, materials & facts, ideas and suggestions with other family researchers. If you do not like the times we have set up, notify all your friends, family and researchers to meet at a time more convenient for you.
1. Type in a "User Name" that you would like to use for the chat session and than CLICK "OK, Connect!" It is entirely up to you if you want to type in Your Profile and Your Password. It will then tell you that you have joined the room and welcome you to the chat room. Your "User Name" will appear in the left hand column on the screen along with others that are in the room.
2. Type in your question where it says "type here" at the bottom of the screen and hit the "Enter" button on your keyboard. Your question will appear on the screen.
3. On the upper right of the chat screen it will tell you how many users are currently in the room
4. You also have the capability of having a private chat with anyone by CLICKING on "Private Chat", and selecting a user by CLICKING on their "User Name" from the left hand column and then CLICKING "Private Chat" again. Another screen will appear and then you and the other person can talk without anyone else seeing your conversation.
5. You also can set fonts, colors, settings by CLICKING the "Controls" button on the upper right hand corner of the chat screen.
6. When done click the "Log Off" button. If you wish, go back to our Main Page by clicking our link.